Summer will be here before you know it and bathing suits and shorts will be the norm…
Here are five hacks I use to control my weight.
Nothing is better than spending the entire weekend on a beach or at the lake in my bathing suit. I want to feel great and look my best.
There are a million plans and programs you can spend your money on but eating clean and exercising are the two things that work best for me. Here are my best tips for controlling my weight.
5 Hacks to Control Your Weight
If you live in the south like me, you’ll be hitting seventy degrees in March. It’s time to bare our limbs and stop wearing boots and tights. I don’t know about you but except for a little excess over the Christmas Holidays, I work hard all year to keep my weight were I want it to be.
Sometimes it just seems the number on the scale is attached to a rocket. These are five tips you can use to knock it back down to earth.
- Avoid sugar at all cost. It does you no favors at all in the calorie department. If I eat processed foods full of sugar, I know the next day my weight will go up. Not what we are looking for. Chose your sugar treats carefully and don’t make it an everyday thing.
2. Avoid simple carbohydrates most of the time. Bread, crackers, rice and potatoes are all things to eat very sparingly. It you have a salad great! But skip the crackers. It’s just too easy to overdo with these items. Honestly, I just rarely eat bread or potatoes and when I do it’s of the whole grain variety. Say no; just no!
3. Drink lots of water. It’s good for everything. It will help improve how your body functions and make your skin look fifties fabulous. I struggle with this one in the winter.
4. Workout consistently. It’s simple, you have to move your rear. Do what you love. I hike, run, walk, and lift weights. Do everything you can to keep yourself strong and flexible. You want to be able to hike up a mountain, swim across the pool, and get you butt out of a chair when your in your 80’s. Pick your fun and work it!
5. This one is pretty controversial. Weigh everyday. Yes everyday. Things do go up and down a bit but that’s no reason to panic. You can see the trend your weight is taking. Is it staying the same or going up or down. Then it’s easy to adjust what your doing if things start going in the wrong direction.
Not sure how to get started? Check out MyFitnessPal. It’s free and you can keep track of what you are eating. It also gives you how much fat, sugar, sodium, calories, … you are taking in. This can be quite a shock if you’ve never tracked what you’ve eaten. There is also a tab to record your exercise for the day and how much water you drink.
You can even see a chart with your progress over time. It’s a great motivator! Don’t have time to log all that stuff in. Just do it until you see about what you need to be eating to get where you want to be and then go it on your own.
You can do it!
Peace, love, happiness and fitness!